Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to the books….and fun of course!!!!!



Hey readers! Your favorite Texan is back on campus and busy as ever. Today marks the first day of classes for the fall semester and after an earthquake following my landing and surviving the “hurricane,” it is a really gorgeous day here in the District.

I am very fortunate with my course schedule this semester because I start class every day at 11:10 so as a sophomore, NO MORE 8AM CLASSES!!!! All freshmen at almost any school will have them, but you will make it through and usually sophomore year on you can sleep in, but thank goodness I’m done. I do have classes five days a week, but with only one on Fridays and two classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays its really not a bad schedule.

Beyond the first week of class, all of my student activities are really kicking off too here on campus. Yesterday was band practice before the Student Performance Showcase tonight in Lisner Auditorium to show new freshman all the amazing performance groups and ensambles GW has to offer.

Secondly, StAR (Student Admissions Representatives) will begin giving tours this week to all of the perspective undergraduates who come and visit GW. I will be giving a tour every week at 3 so hope I see you there and get to meet you at some point during the semester.

I hope all my fellow bloggers are having a good start of the year too and to all you perspective students, keep up the hard work in the classroom and stay involved in your school so you can come join us on Foggy Bottom. Best wishes to all and more blogs to come! As always, feel more than happy to e-mail me about anything and everything.

Peace, Love and Hippos,

Brandon
brmoore@gwmail.gwu.edu

1 comment:

  1. What band instrument do you play? I'm visiting GW sometime this week (as well as other DC schools) but I'm soo excited to visit GW! hopefully you'll be my STAR.
    -Erica

    ReplyDelete