Friday, March 5, 2010

Wrapping up!

And now for the EXCITING CONCLUSION of my ridiculous list from yesterday!

Television:
Parks & Recreation, Modern Family, and Community are my 3 recommendations for TV.  I decided to pick new (or newish, cause P&R is in it's second season) shows because I figured it would be rather difficult to start from season 1 of, say--I Love Lucy.  Though I
do have every season on DVD.  Write me if you'd like to borrow it!  And others like The Office, 24, and Psych are already rather popular.

Movies:
On the contrary, my movie picks WILL be older ones, cause they often go unnoticed among our generation, in my opinion!  So I recommend Breakfast at Tiffany's, On The Waterfront, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Green Mile, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, La Vita É Bella, and Amelie.  The last 2 are foreign films, so be prepared for subtitles.  But they are SO worth it!

Incidentally, there's a foreign/indie/classic movie theater on E Street between 10th and 11th.  It's a really cute atmosphere and they play some great films from all genres.  So check out E Street Cinema!
BOOKS:
My three favorive books are The Outsiders, Les Misérables, and Song of Solomon, in no order.  But I'm open to changes as I continue to read, of course!  I also love The Great Gatsby, Lolita, and The Lord of the Rings trilogy.  Toni Morrison is my favorite author, but Beloved (her Nobel book) isn't my favorite by her, strangely enough.  Definitely read Song of Solomon--damn it's a good read.  Also, if you're into humorous books, I'd suggest More Information Than You Require by John Hodgman.  He's hilarious!

And there you have it!  Keep emailing, kids!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3  Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment