Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What in God's name am I doing this summer?!?

I have no idea.  Absolutely no idea.  Part of me wants to get a job (actually, most of me does...), but I also REALLY want to take summer courses!  Regardless, I'm going home to NY this summer, but what to do there?

Especially since I live in such close proximity to Manhattan, I have so many options but I'm not really sure what I want!  It would REALLY help if I heard back from the two paid internships I applied for!  Actually, I only applied rather recently so I'm just being impatient and antsy.  But I wanna know! Can you blame me?

Here are my options:

1)  One of the two paid internships, if I get them.  (I'll most likely go down this route, on that condition of course).

2)  Intensive Arabic courses, which would be 2 years of Arabic in 6 weeks.  Yep, I'm that insane.  It would be uber helpful for my Middle Eastern Studies major, though.

3)  Some other job, probably one geared towards teens returning from college, for little pay... but I'd still be making money!!!

Soooooooo if anyone feels knowledgeable or opinionated enough to make a suggestion to me, I would GREATLY appreciate it.  I'm leaning towards the Arabic classes at this point, since the registration deadline is 4/30, and who knows when (or even IF) I'll hear back about the internships.  Email me (shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu) or comment with thoughts, PLEASE!  I'm soooo indecisive!  Thanks!

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment