Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Break (sort of)!


So, it has been way, way, way, to long since I wrote a post.  I know that many of you will be receiving decision letters soon, so I will try to provide as much useful information as possible through the rest of the school year.  Remember to ask questions!  This semester has been incredibly hectic, but hopefully I’ll be able to get everything together now that midterms have passed. 

I stayed at school for spring break because I needed to get some work done and I knew that it would not happen at home.  Surprisingly, about half of the people who studied abroad last semester with me in Costa Rica stayed at GW.  I think we all just wanted to spend more time here after missing out on an entire semester of DC fun.  Most students go home or to some beach in Mexico or the Caribbean for break.        

While I was here, I also had the opportunity to work full time at my internship at the Department of the Interior, which was very cool.  I helped to set up an event with the Standing Committee of Parliamentarians of the Arctic Region.  Sounds dull, but there were elected officials from nine countries including Senator Murkowski and Secretary Salazar.  Work is much different when you stay for the whole day, instead of just for a few hours or few days a week.

Academically, I’m heading into a position many of you are finally transitioning out of.  I plan to law school after graduating next year so I am just beginning to look into that process and study for the LSAT (Law SAT). 

If anyone wants info. on a GW program feel free to ask.  Between my experiences and those of close friends, I know I feel that I have knowledge of or could find someone who has done almost any program at GW.  Personally, I lived on the Vern, did a special freshman program, studied aboard, won a research award, am involved in College Democrats & International Affairs Society, and I’m going to be house scholar.  So, it’s fair to say that GW has taken over my life (and I’m loving it)! 

A note on health care is coming soon!

-Paul

1 comment:

  1. Will I fit in at GW if I am not in a special program?

    ReplyDelete