Sunday, March 28, 2010

CHERRIES!!!

The Cherry Blossom Festival is finally here! It kicked off yesterday with approximately 123,456,789 people in attendance. Yup. THAT MANY!

The place was packed though. My friends and I walked down to the National Mall and had an absolute blast taking pictures, observing tourists, and pretending to be foreigners. The three of us are rather good with various accents from various parts of the world, so we would ask random people to take a picture of us in whatever accent we wanted for that transaction. It was HILARIOUS!

Additionally, the 44th Annual Smithsonian Kite Festival was going on when we were out! It was so nice! All these people out with kites and parents with their kids and so much sweetness! The 2010 Cherry Blossom Soccer Tournament was also happening. I kinda want to do that next year. But first I have to get decent at soccer, a state in which I haven’t been since maybe the 8th grade.


Trees!


Kites!  or flags?  Yeah.

Email me!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment