Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Congratulations!

Congratulations to all of the newly admitted student to the George Washington University class of 2014!  I know a lot of weight has been lifted as you acceptances have come in, but now is the hard part.

I try to do a post like this every year.  I want you to make the most educated decision you can about where you go to school.  (Notice how I say you, not your boyfriend/girlfriend/best friend.)

There is no way to predict what will happen to you in the next four years.  However, you can surround yourself with a school and an experience that you know that you will excel in.  You have to make this decision, no else can make it for you.

I don't mean to be angry or stern, but it is important to have this all reenforced.

I chose GW and could not be happier.  However, I know it is not the best choice for everyone.  While I want everyone to come to GW, I know there are other options.

I hope you all have a great week and have some time to sit with your parents and your counselor to discuss what is the best fit for you.

Be on the look out for my future blogs about the Cherry Blossom festival, massive visit days at GW, and the White House Easter Egg Roll!

If you have any questions please email me at kwollner@gwu.edu.  I am more than happy to answer any questions that you can't get through a brochure or the website!  That's what we are all here for!


Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment