Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break is finally here.

So it's that time of year again.  The flowers will be blooming, the tourists bustling, the weather warming, and students heading home...not me...yet.  So after 5 months in Australia I have learned that traveling is very expensive, so I decided to stick around GW for a bit before heading home to earn some $$.

Since it is our spring break we have very few people working in the office so we are all on public areas answering phones, working reception and things like that.

The most common question I have received in the last two days is when will decisions be released?  We are working as fast as we can in the office.  We know it is a stressful time and that you are waiting on a lot of schools to make a big choice.  We will be emailing applicants about instructions on how to check their status online in the next 2 weeks.  In the meantime, if you need anything from our office please do not hesitate to call/email.  We are here to help you and if we can't, we will find someone that can.

A bit more about my spring break plans...

I am excited to get home and rest.  Although I have two papers due next week, I will be able to work on them from the comfort of my living room recliner.  It is also going to be nice to have better food.  My mom has already listed the foods she bought especially for me to eat when I get home.

I am coming back Sunday with my sister....we are driving the 12 hours from Chicago to DC.  Now for anyone that doesn't live in the midwest this may just sound like a fun road trip.  Its not.  There are fields and nothing else for most of the way.  Indiana, Ohio, and most on Pennsylvania are not very good road trip states. But we will just have to see.  I know that if i get annoyed with my sister at any point I have the ability to fall asleep in a car at any time.  It is a talent I prize.

What are your spring break plans?  Anyone planning on making a trip to GW??

Thats all for now.  I will be back soon with some GW events happening in the next week or so.

If you have any questions email me and I will be happy to answer!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment