Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Life in 3 Blogs: Act I

So I have been a very big slacker on the blog front lately. I'd like to try and catch up to where I am right now since a lot has been going on in life since I last posted. Tonight, I'll start with a condensed version of my trip to Costa Rica. We stayed in small town called Esterillos Oeste, about 20 minutes south of a sufer touristy town called Jaco. Our hotel was right on the beach and we had a nice little pool there too. Take a look:


We spent most of our days at the pool or on the beach here in Esterillos, but we went into Jaco to go out to dinner or to a few bars at night. There were a lot of other Americans there, and we even ran into some fellow GDubbers at a delicious little place called Taco Bar. They had HUGE batidos, or smoothies, that we thoroughly enjoyed. Check out our mango, passion fruit, papaya, and strawberry banana smoothies below:

We had a great vacation in the sun and even got to do a zipline through the canopy of the tropical forest! After riding up in a tractor, there were something like 14 lines that took you down. All the guys who worked there were quirky and outgoing, and they would hang upside down and make funny monkey calls as they zipped down ahead of us. If you ever need a cheap place to crash on the beach and maybe surf, you should definitely check out Costa Rica!!!

--Abby

PS Congrats to all the admitted Colonials out there! And I'll leave you with a nice image of our beach in Esterillos... 


No comments:

Post a Comment