Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chicagoooooo

Hey errrrbody. Guess what? I auditioned for Generic Theatre's production of Chicago and I was casted. I will be playing Matron Mama Morton, which shouldn't be too hard because we're practically the same person.




What does this mean for me in terms of school? It means I have literally no time. I'm very involved in the performance scene at GW (ask me if you have questions!!) and so it can sometimes be challenging balancing everything and still remaining sane week after week. For example this week I have rehearsal every single night...seriously. Here's what my schedule for the week looks like:

Monday, 3/29 -
6-7~ Scene 4
8-11ish~ Review (ALL)

Tuesday, 3/30 -
Rehearsal cancelled

Wednesday, 3/31 -
6-8~ Scene1{2}
8-9~ Scene 2{2}
10-12~ Run Act 1!!!! (ALL)

Thursday, 4/1 -
6-7~ Scene 3{2}
10-12~Scene 3{2} and Scene 6{2} (ALL)

Friday, 4/2 -
NONE
More bonding?.... you might begin to see a pattern here....:)

Saturday, 4/3 -
12-2~ Scene 5{2]
1-2ish~ Scene 6{2}

Sunday, 4/4 -
11-1~ Scene 7{2}, Scene 8{2}, Scene 9{2} (ALL)

On top of all that, ladies and gentleman, I have rehearsal from 7:30 to 10:00 Tuesday and Thursday nights for my acapella group, The Troubadours (not quite sure if this counts as a shameless plug...guess I'll have to reserve a whole blog post for that). The good thing is, all my groups have been working together to make sure I can be involved and still squeeze in a lil' bit of life at the end of every week. It also means that my weekends will not belong to me again until mid-April. How do I deal with it?

I bring a book literally everywhere. If I have even 20 minutes on the metro regurlarly, I can finish the readings for at least one class by the end of each week. It also means that I do a lot less lingering around-basically my motto is: if I'm not trying to get something done, I'm wasting time. Also, when I decide to relax, I relax intelligently. That means I take an hour or so off to nap (or watch Gossip Girl), instead of staring at my computer screen or flipping channels. You work so much harder when you feel like you've really rested.

Finally, I've decided to delude myself, just a little, for the sake of my sanity. I try, as much as I can, to think of rehearsal as my free time. I'm doing something I love to do, and there has to be a trade off somewhere! So I get myself reeeeaaaaaaaallly hyped up for rehearsal and once I'm done I (hopefully) have enough energy to get in a few hours of homework. Wish me luck lol, I'll let you know if my system breaks down.

Ekiria

Mhhh, questions are so awesome: magalae@gmail.com

1 comment: