Thursday, October 14, 2010

We're BACK!!!!

At long last I have returned from the deep dark recesses of the Mount Vernon campus (but only for a few minutes, I enjoy deep dark recesses) to bring you the gift of a blog. Here are some details about my semester so far:
    What a morning on the Mount Vernon Campus might look like.

I live on Mount Vernon, which I personally think is a cross between a country club and Narnia. No joke. First of all it's beautiful, there's so much open space, the air is clean, and small woodland creatures roam the outer corners of the campus. I'll have to make a video of it to show ya'll soon. But seriously. Maybe you haven't heard about the awesomeness that is West Hall (the new dorm), but it has a 24-hour recording studio, which is enough reason for me to never leave campus. It also has a new gym, a dining hall (the food still sucks, stick to ordering from the grill), and a lot of study space, which is nice because I never feel the need to go to the library or anywhere to compete for space to do work. You can also hear yourself think on the Vern.

Classes:

Soc 101- *Sigh*
Voice and Diction- A really good class that I recommend to everyone, especially incoming freshman
African-American Lit Studies (185)- Awesome topic, great books, great teacher
Intermediate Poetry-
Latin Jazz- I'm really excited because we'll be performing at the Kennedy Center next semester!!!
Voice Lessons- My voice teacher Prof. Millicent Scarlett IS the music department. So this is awesome.

All my classes are pretty awesome except for Soc, but I won't hold it against anybody.

This semester, I'm having to make some tough decisions about what to do next. Some things on my mind right now as possible options are Teach for America or another teaching program, Peace Corps (or a similar program abroad), Law School (which is a very big and scary concept for me at the moment). I'll be letting you know how I go about making these decisions so we can celebrate together once things start to fall into place.

'Til next time

Easy E

Questions/Comments/Suggestions: magalae@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment