Friday, October 29, 2010

In Honor of the Rally


I will not be going to the Rally to Restore Sanity. Mainly because I have homework, and I don't feel like dealing with the crowd (this does not leave out the possibility that I will get excited about it and be influenced into going, after all, I love me some John Stewart). Anyway, I came across a blog today, "Bright Young Things," that has an article that serves as a kind of guide for people who are coming into town for the rally, with a breakdown of the major hotspots in DC, broken down by neighborhood. It's called "The Sane Person's Guide to D.C." and I think it's a pretty useful tool for anyone visiting DC, so here are some things you can look forward to.


*I recommend checking out Sticky Rice, which has blingo (and adapted version of speed bingo) every Thursday night, and drink specials almost every night of the week. I have a group of friends who go there every Thursday. I'm not kidding, I could lose my phone in a snowstorm and go there on a Thursday and they'd be there. It definitely has a lot of regulars and a pretty trendy set up (and sushi!). googd nights to go are Mondays (for half priced sushi!) or Tuesdays for Karaoke, and they have special dj's throughout the weekend.




Biergarter Haus

*Another cool place is Biergarten Haus, the only Biergarten in D.C. They have an endless selection of imported beers (genuine German beer on tap and food), and though it's a little pricey, but it's totally worth it. If your'e a beer snob, or just prefer not to drink awful beer, the selection is endless and you'll love it. It's also located in the H st. Corridor, which is a hotspot for DC nightlifers. And tip the waiters well cus I like them :)

Tryst D.C.


*If you're looking for a trendy place to brood and drink coffee, Tryst is the place you should go. This Coffeehouse/Bar has huge leather couches where you can hang with friends and reaaallly good coffee/tea. It also has full length windows that open out into Adams Morgan so it's also a great people watching spot.


*If you're hipster type (come, on you didn't think you invented the plaid shirt and that-throw-it-on-because-it's-kinda-clean look did you?), you'll probably enjoy the Black Cat. They showcase a lot of indie bands and the shows are really cheap (generally  between $5-$20), and their is in fact fun to be had by all. Hipster or not.


*Finally, there is Kramerbooks & Afterwords in Dupont Circle. It's sort of like an all-service bookstore. They have drinks, coffee, tea, great desserts, amazing food (including a pretty extensive brunch menu). I've spent many a late night huddled over a book and a cappuccino there, but people come to eat, to read, and hang out in general.


If you want to see more about the guide I'm referring to, the link to the blog is below:


http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/articles/a-sane-persons-guide-to-dc.htm


So let's get ready to Rally! Or not...I'm not sure yet.
'Til Next Time,


Gimme your questions: magalae@gmail.com


Ekiria

No comments:

Post a Comment