Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Much Anticipated White House Tour!

Finally, after an entire academic school year and almost two years into the second, I have made it in the White House! Ever since looking at GW, I have thought about how cool it would be to get on a tour. Little did I know how easy it was! My sister is visiting this weekend and it was the perfect opportunity to finally get in on GW's neighbors' house. Everyone should take advantage of this as it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to step foot in the house where our leaders of past and present have lived.
How to get a White House tour on your visit to GWRequests must be submitted through one's Member of Congress and are accepted up to six months in advance. To contact your Representative and Senators, please call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at this number (202) 224-3121. If you want to visit the White House and are a citizen of a foreign country, please contact your embassy in Washington, DC for assistance in submitting a tour request.


Diagram of where the tour will take you
Library (collection of 2,700 American history books by American authors)
State Dining Room (used during formal dinners for visiting heads of state)
Above are pictures of my two favorite rooms. Though I wasn't able to bring in a camera (or chapstick.. they are very strict), I was able to find those on the internet. The coolest part about seeing these rooms in real life is that I now am able to recognize them in looking at the White House Flickr page!
If you have any questions about things to do in DC while visiting GW, email me! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu.
-Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment