Wednesday, October 13, 2010

International Spy Museum!

As the title suggests, I went to the International Spy Museum!  But guess what?  I went TODAY!  This is probably the soonest I've posted after an event.  That just shows how much I loved that place, I had to tell all of you!


The museum is in the Metro Center/Chinatown area, on 9th and F.  You can really get off at either stop because it's super close to both.  Admission is $18 but it's worth every penny.  (As is the Museum of Crime & Punishment!  Check that out too!!!)  Actually, I shouldn't lie--I didn't pay the full ticket price for this one.  I had a coupon so it was only ten bucks!  I'll write a separate post on coupon sites sometime soon, because I absolutely adore them and I think that everyone should subscribe.  But more on that later!

Also like the Crime & Punishment Museum, this museum is VERY interactive.  It really puts you into the realm of a spy (the cheesey Bond-esque spy with absurd gadgets and weird lighting and disembodied voices giving you directions)--but that's what's so fun about it!  You can even pick a "cover" identity and test your spy skills, being tested periodically on your alibi.  And it's one of those educational excursions you can make a day out of that is just so fun you don't even know you're learning!

I'm taking Sociology of Terrorism, and a whole lot of what I learned in class is somehow applicable to the exhibits.  This lead me to be one of those nerdy jerks who adds their own fun facts while walking through any given exhibit.  Luckily my friends didn't mind!  I hope...

The one drawback of this museum is that they don't allow photography!  Otherwise I would have taken oodles and oodles of pictures to share with y'all.  The Crime & Punishment Museum actually ENCOURAGES photos, if that sways you in favor of one or the other.

So check them out!  I've decided I'm going to be more of a museumophile this year than I previously was, so prepare for more educational yet amusing blogs!

And keep those emails coming!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu  I have an inflated sense of importance that NEEDS to be fed!
<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment