Tuesday, October 26, 2010

For Lack of a Better Title.....My Classes:

Hello again!


Since it is already the end of October and classes are already finishing midterms, I figure I should give you a little glimpse into my class schedule and why I took each class.

I am taking 4 classes, a total of 14 credits, and I am looking forward to both a challenging and fun semester. Here is how my semester looks academically:

Intro to Physical Geography: lecture Mon/Wed and lab Wed. This class is fulfilling the last of my science requirement for the Columbian College. Last year, I took Chem 003 and Chem 004, so I decided that I wanted to take a different form of science this year instead of the typical chemistry, biology, and physics classes. It sounded interesting and one of my volleyball teammates is actually majoring in geography and wholeheartedly recommended both this class and the professor that teaches it, so I decided to go for it.

Latin 001: lecture Tues/Thurs and discussion Fri. I took Latin in high school and since I really enjoyed it, I decided to fulfill my language requirement for the Columbian College by taking a language that I love. Since I have not taken Latin for over a year and a half, I was a tad rusty at first, but I find myself excited to go to this class three times a week.

Criminal Law: lecture Tues/Thurs. I have known people who have taken this class and they all highly recommend it, saying that it made them consider going to law school. Those reviews alone convinced me to take this class. Plus, since this is a sociology class, if I major or minor in Criminal Justice as I plan to, it counts towards that. So, this class is a win-win for me, I get to discuss topics that I am fascinated with and it counts towards my major or minor.

Statistics 53: lecture Tues/Thurs discussion Tues. Last year I did not have room in my schedule for a math class and so this year I decided to make room for it. At first I could not make up my mind on what math class to take, but I have heard good things about statistics in general as a math topic (since I have never actually taken a straight statistics class before) and also this particular class. I just hope I’m not rusty since I did not take a math class last year!

This looks like a good semester for me and I am looking forward to blogging throughout the year and keeping you updated on my life here at GW!

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment