Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blogging from the Mall

Here we go, one of the last warm days of the season is upon us!  It's a gorgeous 74 degrees out, sunny and bright, and I'm studying on the National Mall.  Well, actually, I'm currently taking a study break.  But I've been studying hard all day!  Promise!

I just thought I'd take some time to reflect on the year so far.  It's a good time for that, being that it's mid-semester and whatnot.  Also, I really needed to halt the studying for a bit.  I'm seeing double.

So far, this year's been pretty excellent.  To hell with sophomore slump, I've most definitely attained some sophomore swagger!  I know how to navigate campus, the city, and the metro, my grades are optimal (not to toot my own horn or anything), I have rump-kicking friends, and I'm seeing and doing more!  Those were all goals of mine throughout freshman year, so I'm very pleased that they are all coming together at long last.

And with that, I'm going to set a new list of goals for the second half of this semester and for the spring:

-- Get better acquianted with Eastern Market
-- Get better acquainted with Adams Morgan
-- Visit a museum a month
-- Take a day trip to Baltimore
-- Take a day trip to Annapolis
-- Don't go to any single eating establishment more than once in a month
-- Cook/bake for my friends
-- Get off at a random Metro stop and explore the neighborhood

That's all I can think of now, but maybe I'll add as I think of more things I should add!  Comment if you have suggestions!  Or send an email: ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment