Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A GW Perspective from the West Coast

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself as a new blogger. My name is Marisa and I am from Portland, Oregon. I am a sophomore in the Elliott School studying International Affairs with a concentration in Global Public Health. I love walking on the mall at night, pad thai, peppermint tea, learning languages, and winter!


I decided to come to GW because of everything great DC has to offer.. typical response, right? But in all seriousness, I love the West Coast and needed to experience something else instead of living over there all my life. I imagine that someday I will find myself back on the Best Coast, residing in Seattle or Portland, but for now I am happy to experience the busy lifestyle that GW provides. The one thing that I miss most about home is my golden retriever puppy...


Summer of 2009, when she joined the fam
Portland, Oregon
Are you in the same predicament? Confused as to whether to stay close to home or "ride solo" (like Jason Derulo)? Email me at marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu and I'll help you talk it through!


Can't wait to hear from you. Look out for more posts in the future about what DC has to offer, my likes/dislikes about GW, admissions advice, what I'm involved in on campus, and more!


- Marisa

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Rosemary ie one of Marisa's besties. Everyone should read her blogs because you will gain valuable insight into the world of gwu! She is an amazing person both inside and out. If you see her on the street, introduce yourself. She is very friendly and you will gain an invaluable friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaa at the Jason DeRulo reference. great first post! can't wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete