Saturday, October 23, 2010

Haunted DC

Hey kids!

Today I took a walking tour of haunted spots in DC!  It's through Washington Walks, and it costs $15 (though my friends and I got the tickets through Groupon, ~here's my past blog about that!~, so they were only $7!!!)  Their tours meet outside of Metro Stations, and this one started at Farragut West, which is great because it's just so darn close.

So the group of us trudged off around 7:15 to Farragut West for the tour, which started at 7:30.  There was a big huddle of people outside of the exit across from the park, so we knew we were in the right place.  I thought that spot was chosen because most of the houses are near the area and that's a good reference point, but turns out that's the spot of the first haunting!

From there, we went to few different houses in the area, most are museums now.  We also stopped by Lafayette Park and the White House to hear some presidential ghost stories, and ended at The Octagon, which is on New York Ave & 18th, and really close to campus.

The Decatur House

The Octagon

Both of these places are much creepier looking at night!  Really!  It was a really fun and very interesting tour, and we certainly learned a lot--both about history, and THE PARANORMAL.

OooOoooooOOOoooooOoOo!!!
(That's my ghost sound... I guess it doesn't translate to text.)

Want to ask a real GW student a question?  Email me!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment