Saturday, October 30, 2010

The day I've been waiting for my entire life (or at least all semester)

Today, on October 30th, 2010, AN historic event took place in our nation's capital of Washington, DC on the National Mall.

THE RALLY TO RESTORE SANITY and/or FEAR is upon us!  It was, as expected, an absolute blast!!!  So worth getting up at 6:00 on a Saturday morning during Halloween weekend!!!

Here are my pictures from the event:
John Legend & The Roots!
Ozzy?  Yeah, Ozzy.
Arianna Huffington not 4 feet from me!
Stephen & Jon in "Formidable Opponent"
Stephen, Jon, and Karim Abdul-Jabbar!
Tony Bennett

All the guests!
I don't have much to say other than that it was the time of my life.  It was such a rush to see all those people (an estimated 150,000!) marching on the mall for reasonable discourse and sanity and not just to make a big stink about something!  Also, there were so many famous people!  That's always fun.

But Jon Stewart's speech at the end really brought the message home, and as always, he delivered it in an eloquent and sound yet humorous way.  Here's the link to that.

And that's really all I have to say!  Definitely watch that video though, it makes you think (at least for a bit!)

Questions, comments, concerns?  Email me: ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment