Monday, September 5, 2011

GW Volleyball is 6-0!!

As the title suggests, I again have good news for you all! This past weekend, our team swept UNC Wilmington, North Carolina Central, and Central Connecticut at our own GW Invitational. This makes our current record, 6-0. What is even more exciting is that this is the first time that has happened since the 2003 season (so quite a few years). Our team is super excited that we are undefeated, but we are striving not to be complacent for our recent success. We want to keep our streak alive! In order to do this, we have been working very hard in the gym and weight room (including today-Labor Day!). On this past Friday night, we had an excellent turnout in terms of fans, 596 to be exact, which (I think) is the biggest crowd that we have had for a home match since I began playing for GW 2 years ago! So, if you were at the game, or any of the games over the weekend, THANK YOU! Our team loves a big crowd so keep coming back, it is shaping up to be a tremendous season! Our next home game is Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 7pm vs. Georgetown (the rescheduled finale for the DC Challenge).

As you can tell by all my recent posts, my life as of the last month has been dominated by volleyball, but now that school has begun, you can expect some about classes/ other life soon! Now, for a little taste of the action, I bring to you some pictures! My dad was nice enough to take some good action shots over the weekend while my family was here visiting (we are in the buff and blue jerseys, obviously). Enjoy:

the team, pre-game
my sister, Vickie (GW alum and past blogger), and me
roommates!
Sorry if this was picture overkill, but I had a hard time picking my favorites haha. oops.
p.s. next post: my finalized class schedule. (I promise!)

Feel free to email me with any questions! cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment