Saturday, September 24, 2011

Busy, Busy Weekends

At this very moment, I feel like a zombie. And I probably look like one too. Why you ask? Let me explain the last two weekends. First, last weekend, my team and I were in San Diego for the San Diego Volleyball Tournament, which meant we left on Thursday morning after practice and returned on the red eye flight Sunday morning at 9am. It was probably the fastest weekend of my life. We were either traveling (by plane or vans), playing volleyball, eating, or trying to catch up on sleep. Unfortunately, in California, our undefeated streak ended at 10. But we are learning from those losses, so while it sucks, we are trying to make something good come out of it. You might wonder why we took a red eye flight to return back in D.C. early Sunday morning instead of waiting until later. Well, we had an event waiting for us back on campus. Our new athletic director planned for the entire student-athlete community, a student athlete leadership retreat. I will do a separate post on that in a few days.

our hotel in San Diego
creepy doll picture that was in every room
Now this weekend, we are traveling on the road again, but this time for the beginning of the A10 conference season! We are playing Duquesne and St. Louis, which means that we bus from D.C. to Pittsburgh, then from Pittsburgh to St. Louis with a stop overnight in Springfield, Ohio. Then, on Sunday, we will be flying back to D.C. and arriving back on campus after midnight. I am actually currently on the bus as I type traveling to St. Louis. I love traveling on buses so much more than our vans that we take to local games/tournaments. Mainly because there is so much more space, meaning you can sleep, and also since we can watch movies (we watched the Proposal on Thursday’s drive).
driving through Ohio- looks exciting....
bus ride!
Now, you can probably understand why I look and feel like a zombie. Lots of travel, volleyball, and homework (I had 3 papers due and my first exam this past week). Well, I’m going to attempt to take a nap for the remainder of the drive then catch up on some homework.

Feel free to email me with any questions! cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment