Friday, September 16, 2011

Conference at The New American Foundation

Today at work, I was sent out to a conference at The New America Foundation.  It was entitled Counterstrike: The Untold Story of America's Secret Campaign Against Al-Qaeda.  The speakers were Thom Shanker and Eric Schmitt, co-authors of a book sharing that title and NY Times correspondents on national security.

It was a really interesting discussion and very relevant to my studies, though not so much to my current job... it's aiight though.  I got to leave the office for a bit (and go directly across the street, haha)  But as you may have noticed in past posts of mine, I really like events with cool DC people and big wigs. 

Here's a video from the discussion:

 

 

 

 

 



Video streaming by Ustream

Cool, huh?  And guess who's back-of-the-head is right in the middle of the screen, there.  Mine!  So yeah.  Pretty cool indeed.

As always, shoot me an email at: shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment