Monday, September 26, 2011

Book Festival!


I never get a chance to go to the Library of Congress National Book Festival.  Except this year... but I wasn't able to stay for long.  So I STILL didn't get to see any of the cool panels or get any books signed by awesome people!!!

Two of my favorite modern authors were there: Toni Morrison (though I *did* see her like, 4 days ago when she came to campus) and Sarah Vowell, who writes books on history in a really quirky and funny manner.  You may have seen her on The Daily Show, or as the kid in The Incredibles.  Yeah, she did the voice for that--she's really cool.

But I didn't get to see either of them, because I'm an idiot and didn't budget my time!  They were both there Saturday and I went Sunday, and I only gave myself 2 hours to spend there so I didn't get to do much.  I'm a jerk.  Welcome to my self-loathing blog.

Moral of the story:  GO TO THE NATIONAL BOOK FESTIVAL.  But even more: FIND OUT WHO IS SPEAKING AND WHEN.  and then GO WHEN COOL PEOPLE ARE SPEAKING.  And you won't hate yourself as much as I do right now... in fact, you'll be very satisfied with your planning and time management skills.

Heed my warnings, folks.  They're real.  Coming from a true source of wisdom.

Email me and chastise me for not taking advantage of the LOC National Book Fest: shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment