Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Whole Foods, Welcome Week, and TOO MUCH RAIN

Yesterday, a new era began at GW.  An era of convenience, freshness, and oft-overpriced organic goods.  Whole Foods isn't that pricey, but it's not cheap.  I will say though that you certainly get quality for your dollar, the location is awesome, and the baked goods are tastytasty.  I got an oreo-topped brownie, and it was a solid choice.

I went in during the grand opening yesterday to troll for the free samples and take a tour, but I did my real shopping today when it was (only slightly) less packed.  Still pretty crowded, though.  And I got a week's worth of groceries for less than I usually pay, if you can believe that!  Though I imagine I was more stingy with some things for fear I'd spend too much.

All in all, Whole Foods--Foggy Bottom will soon become a staple in the lives of us Colonials.  It won't take the place of Trader Joe's for me, but it'll definitely be a nice break from the Watergate Safeway.  That place needs to renovate and update their merch a bit.  I'm interested in how they'll cope with the new competition.


In other news, the past two weeks of school have been plagued with terrible weather.  I write this post as the torrential downpour is raging outside, and I have errands to run but I won't cause it's so yucky.  It was really a yucky Welcome Week, and it just had to flood (literally) over into this week, as well.  Nerds!

It's supposed to clear up by Monday.  Let's hope Mother Nature listens to the weather man!

My next post will be on student organizations, particularly multicultural orgs and international affairs clubs.  Let me know if there's any interest you'd like me to spotlight!

shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment