Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Eid Banquet

SO... I lied in my last post.  I said that my next one would be about multicultural student orgs. But this is about the Eid Banquet last week, so, whoops.  Next one will be about the orgs, I promise!  (Though actually, the Eid Banquet was held by the Muslim Students' Association, so it sort of counts.  Sort of.)

Anyway, the evening began with optional prayer in their reserved prayer space upstairs--if you weren't into that everyone else was just chilling in the Grand Ballroom of the Marvin Center.  After everyone got back, there was an intro to GW-MSA, some Qu'ran readings, and a speaker who discussed coping with stress and school and religious obligation and whatnot.  It was pretty good.  And then there was food!  And that was also good!  There was a mix of Indian/Pakistani grub, complete with a whole lotta rice and samosas--oooooooh yeah.  The samosas were baller.

My friends and I all wore traditional outfits.  My roommate is Pakistani so we borrowed her duds and looked FLY while doing it:



OF COURSE I had to look at the wrong camera... that one *would have* been great.
So that was my night!  This is one of many awesome events put on by MSA.  They really pull out all the stops with their events; I'm not Muslim, and I always enjoy myself and learn a lot.  So I'll be publicizing their events regularly, you can bet on that!

Email me with any questions or what have you!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment