Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rasika: Best Indian Food in D.C.

Because I'm still studying at 2 am (fun times all around) I decided to give myself a little bit of a distraction and tell you about an amazing dinner I had this weekend.


I had what I can arguably say is the best restaurant experience I've ever had in D.C. On Saturday night, my friend Zach invited me out to dinner with his family and we went to the most fantastic place on earth, an Indian restaurant  near the capitol building (633 D St.) called Rasika. I've had a lot of good food in my time here, but this restaurant gave me the opportunity to try an interesting new spin on Indian food in an environment with great service.
Inside the restaurant...classy huh?

We went straight for the tasting menu and the wine-pairing menu, which gave us the opportunity to try all of the restaurant's specialties in 6 courses with a wine paired with every dish. It was a little bit pricey (it's probably a place you should convince your parents to take you out to dinner when they're in town if you want to taste everything)...but if you don't mind being adventurous and trying something on your own, you can also order an entree which cuts down the cost significantly and brings it within the normal range of D.C. restaurant meals (between $10 and $20). In addition the provide you with endless varieties of Naan, a kind of bread, and my personal favorite kind had onions and peppers baked into it. Here are pictures of what I enjoyed most:

The Black Cod


Fried Spinach

Clams!!!!! Who even knew I like clams?

And that's only 3 of the courses!

Til Next Time,

Ekiria...who is planning on surviving finals and coming out the other end with all her limbs attached.

See, finals aren't all bad...they've helped me develop a sense of humor (ha).

If you need my help convincing your parents Rasika is the best place ever, or have any questions at all, you know what to do: 

magalae@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment