Monday, May 10, 2010

DONE-ZO

Today, I finished my last final, so Freshman year is over!  I am technically officially a Sophomore!  The notion is absolutely nuts.

And my, what a year I had.  It's been such a ride.  I'm feeling very sentimental leaving friends for the summer and daydreaming about the awesomeness to come as a Sophomore, but possibly the worst of all is PACKING MY ROOM!!!

It is absolutely surreal to be stowing away a year's worth of living into a bunch of boxes and piling them around the room, all just to uproot and leave the place!  I am having so much trouble with it.  I'm trying to get as much as possible packed up now so that I can just throw it all in the car when my parents come on Sunday, but that is quite an endeavor.

I've got just about everything stacked up on my roommate's side of the room (she left a few days ago), but of course I kept the necessities out so I can use them over the course of this week.  I even laid out my outfits for Monday through Sunday--though I do that anyway some weeks.  I really enjoy planning and organizing.  It's cathartic!

However, I left my posters and wall art up, and they're not coming down 'til maybe Saturday night.  I feel like the place would be too dreary and lonely and depressing if I took the posters down!  And I can't deal with that, I'm already a bit melancholy as a result of the year's end and leaving my friends.

Luckily, I have some friends working at Commencement with me, so at least I won't be lonely the rest of the week!  Also, I found the Biography channel has episodes on Hulu and the nerd inside me is overjoyed at the history findings I'll learn while I'm stuck inside because of the rain!

Hope this post wasn't tooooo exciting for you.  I'm realizing now that it's just a survey of my emotions about leaving.  I know I've probably left you all captivated and wanting more, but I figured dull as the topic may be, move-out and the end of Freshman year is something all prospective GW students and parents and everyone in between should prepare for!

Email to complain at the dreariness of this post!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment