Monday, May 3, 2010

Last day of Interning!

So, Friday was my last day on the Hill, and I've got to say, it was bittersweet.  Bitter, of course, because I had an amazing time working in the House of Representatives, learning about policy, and being a part of history (the health care LAW!)  No matter what your politics are, you can't deny that it's a huge step for the country!

And also bitter because the end of work means the beginning of FINALS!  Gahhhhh it's the absolute worst time of the year.  Finals during the fall semester are ok because there's less of a finality about it.  Now, not only do I have to get everything done NOW, but I'm leaving soon and my friends are leaving!  Nooooooo!!!

However, it's sweet because I have my Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays free again!  Sort of. And my office had a sweet little surprise going-away lunch for me.  They got goodies from Noodles in Crystal City.  Rather yummy.

I'm working on VERY little sleep and WAY TOO MUCH coffee, so I'm gonna get back to studying.  I'll update you on my progress throughout finals.  You know, just so y'all know I didn't die through the process.

Email me!  I'll answer even whilst swamped with exams!
~~~ Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment