Saturday, May 15, 2010

Working Commencement 2010!

Yesterday, I worked at the Elliott School of International Affairs Commencement Ceremony.  I worked the box office mostly, handing out programs to the parents and family of graduates, and collecting tickets.  I also did my share of directing people to restrooms and seating.  I think I'm a pretty OK usher!

But I digress, It's making me realize the finality of this place--GW is only a temporary home!  It's probably because I'm going home now and my friends mostly left and things are winding down for the summer, but gosh darn if I'm not feeling like I'M the one graduating!  (And I most certainly am not!)

All these thoughts and feelings are making me plan WAY in advance.  I officially declared my major and double-minor this week, even though people really don't do that until the end of Sophomore year, usually.  I made and remade and re-remade my four year plan, and then tweaked all the plans I had created.  One option involved graduating a semester early.  While that would be cool, I decided there are more cons than pros.  I want to have the insurance of being able to stay in DC as long as possible!  

My friends and I were also contemplating post-grad apartments.  That's another thing we definitely don't need to look into until Senior year MAYBE end of Junior year, but this irrational sense of our fleeting college lives has caused some desperation in all of us.

Email me if you think I'm crazy!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu
~~~Shireen


No comments:

Post a Comment