Saturday, May 8, 2010

Goodbyes Are Tough

Today, two of my best friends left.  And Monday, another leaves.  Now, these are the girls I spent all of my time with.  They were my GW family!  Seeing them leave and helping them carry their stuff out with their parents to the cars was devastating.  Such an odd feeling.  Now, they left the room unlocked so the rest of our beds could hang out in there and reminisce with the bare walls and eerie emptiness.  It just seemed like an appropriate thing to do.

As (I think) I mentioned in a previous blog, I'm working at commencement, so my friend and I are staying here at Gdub until the 17th.  It's really cool cause after my final on Monday, I can just hang out and explore DC without the responsibilities of work or classes or anything!  So we plan on having a blast and making some unique and adventurous excursions.  Touristy stuff too.

And yet, it's so hard seeing people go!  I underestimated how sinking the feeling would be.  Ahhh it's absolutely draining!  I can only imagine what it'll be like when I have to leave.  My parents are coming down from NY to move me out in a mid-sized white sedan--this should be interesting.  I'm planning on storing some stuff at my aunt's house in MD, but we still have to fit everything in the car to get it over to her place.  We'll see how that goes!  But we can cross that bridge when we get to it.  I'll probably write a post on that, and I'll include pictures!

I'm loving the emails, really I am!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu
Be back soon!
~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment