Thursday, May 13, 2010

Intern Lunch!

Today, I had lunch with my boss from the internship I had this semester.  We ate at the House Dining Room in the Capitol, which was pretty darn cool.

There were a bunch of big wigs there and I felt pretty important hobnobbing with important Washington people and rubbing elbows with my congresswoman and her colleagues.  Needless to say, this was only one of the AMAZINGLY AWESOME aspects of interning on the Hill.

For lunch, I had the Montana Beef--they regularly change menu items to reflect cuisine from different states.  It was sooooooooo good.  Really, really tasty.  And I never get steak, like--ever.  So the fact that I got this and loved it says something.  Yum.

Then, as a parting gift, the office gave me a sick House of Representatives Mug!  I wish I thought that was cheesey, but I really enjoy mugs.  I have a bit of a collection growing.

Once again, I'm really nostalgic for the place.  I'm really gonna miss it there.  However, I really need to go back to being a student next semester!  Maybe in the Spring I can be an intern again.  I think I'm really cut out for it!

One of these days I'm gonna write a blog about how I got my internship, and tips to those thinking of applying for interning positions in Congress.  I've gotten several emails on the topic, so I'll compile my responses.

Keep emailing!  I love it!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu
<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment