Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowmageddon~~Snowpocalypse~~SnOMG 2010

Yep, that's the situation in DC right now.  SO. MUCH. SNOW.

It started Friday evening, and it just kept going and going like the Energizer bunny until we had almost 2 feet on our hands!  And of course, I had a friend from NYC coming down to DC this weekend because she had an interview on Monday--needless to say that's not happening.  Everything's still gonna be closed tomorrow!  It's awful.  But on the other hand, that means I don't have work or class!  Best Monday ever!  It's really a trade-off.

Also, with copious amounts of snow comes childhood fun and games!  I'm sure you've all heard about and seen the Dupont Circle Snowball Fight, but in case you didn't, here's a clip!
So while the snow was crazy and I had to brave the blizzard to pick my friend up from her bus and it was wet and cold and the streets are COMPLETELY iced over and I nearly face-planted a million times, it's still pretty fun.  And QUITE a story to tell!  

So here are some of my friend's pictures of the Winter Wonderland that is DC right now.  I didn't take any because it's rather difficult to fumble with a camera when you're wearing glittens!

Kogan Plaza
                                                       Photo courtesy Dahlia Hassan

20th & G Streets - just to show how completely covered the roads are!
                                                Photo courtesy Alex Markoff

The Lincoln Memorial
                                                         Photo courtesy Alex Markoff

On top of that, word on the street is we're getting another 5 or so inches on Tuesday!  What a world!

Go Saints!  Also, email me!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~ Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment