Tuesday, February 23, 2010

London Royal Opera House

So the other day I went with the GW England Center to see Cosi fan tutte by Mozart at the Royal Opera House in London. This was not the first time I've attended such an event with GW and have actually seen a number of plays and musicals through the center. This was also not the first time I've been in the Royal Opera House as I attended the Critics Circle Dance Awards last month. Cosi fan tuttue is an opera about two young couples caught in love and feign double-dealings to prove their fidelity. Unfortunately, I was nearly late for the theatre as I was getting out of class. It is recommended that viewers arrive half an hour early, but I didn't get in until 5 till...thank goodness I made it since latecomers are barred from entrance, what a pity!
  
Secretly taking a picture inside the House

DC has a ton of great theatre places all around town. The Kennedy Center is practically our next door neighbor and so going there to see performances is super easy. Additionally there is the Shakespeare Theatre, Wholly Mammoth Theatre, Ford Theatre, National Theatre, Arena Stage, and many many more. The majority of these places are located downtown and are easily Metro accessible. I love the performing arts and would encourage everyone to see a few shows when they're on campus!

Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment