Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Third Day's the Charm

So earlier today, our Class Council (and they are great folks, I'm sure) sent out an email titled "Snow Day 2010" Part Deux".
Well, I guess this makes tomorrow Snow Day 2010: The Final Chapter (?). We are, even as I speak, being hit with yet another snowstorm, this one expected to bring ten inches (on top of the twenty we got the other day) to the DC Metro Area.
Like most of my posts thus far, this one is going to be multi-stage thing--sorry if this is too much math, I promise the next one will be more textual. Or something.

*Disclaimer: I am usually a decent person who doesn't mock the grieving process.*

Stages of Dealing with Snowpocalypse:
1. Denial: "No way, man. No way are they gonna cancel class in D.C. for the third straight day. I mean, if they do, then midterms will have to be pushed back."
2. Anger: "Why the %#$* couldn't this have happened at finals in December?!?"
3. Bargaining: "OK, if start this paper now and get at least three pages done, they'll cancel school again tomorrow."
4. Acceptance: "Screw it. Let's go bowling at the Hippodrome."

I've actually tried to do all of these stages consciously today-- my friends are at various points along the road. Of course, in all seriousness the idea of getting on work is a good one and thankfully this break has made it possible for myself and most people I've talked to. Still, for most or all of us here at GW, this might be the last time in our lives we get a genuine Snow Day... so nobody should waste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment