Monday, February 15, 2010

Finding a Study Space/Valentine's Day


   At GW, finding a good study space is about being creative. My least favorite thing to do is study in Gelman Library, and many times (especially during finals) there isn't any space. A few hours underneath the Library's track-lighting literally drives me insane...Gelman and I have a temperamental relationship. So I want to challenge my fellow bloggers to start a running list of good study spaces on or off campus that aren't Gelman Library or the Starbucks attached to Gelman Library. Yesterday I was really responsible and I woke up early and went to Barnes and Noble in Georgetown to do some work before my Valentine's Day festivities started. There's a coffee shop inside, the space is huge, and it's generally pretty quiet. An added benefit is the fact that they're open until 11pm every night. Sometimes it's nice to get out of your room (you're welcome to wear something besides sweatpants) and study somewhere else.


   Even though the picture above doesn't make it seem like it, I actually had a great Valentine's Day. I celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday, so a lot of pressure was taken off and I was free to hang out with friends for our "Single Ladies" Sunday. We went to The Front Page, a restaurant/grill near Dupont Circle. The food was fantastic as usual, and they had a lot of specials in honor of the day, including an Anti-Boyfriend cocktail. I also found out that on Thursdays during happy hour they charge $1 for three tacos so I'll definitely be back. Later we went to Porter's,  a sports bar, and watched the Rutgers/Georgetown game on the big screen. Everyone at Porter's seemed to be in good spirits (probably because Georgetown lost) even though they weren't out having romantic dates.


   Now that the snow is melting, it's time to get back to work. I have an application for a summer abroad program due today and lots of reading to catch up on. I didn't take the picture above, but i'd be lying if I told you the streets here don't look something like this. 

'Til next time

Ekiria

No comments:

Post a Comment