Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Catching Up...

... Seems to be the theme in all of my classes (and my life) this week. Having last week off because of the snow really threw a wrench in all of my professors' schedules, and even in my own. That being said, I am happy that the snowpocalpse happened while I was still here, cause it was a lot of fun. Except for the part where I was in line at the grocery store on the Thursday before the snow started for TWO HOURS, because everyone was freaking out.


Pic from Claire's blackberry of crazyyyyyyy long lines at store.

If we weren't hosting a Super Bowl party, I definitely would've left after the first 30 minutes. At least we had a great party, lots of friends came over and everyone brought something, we had quite a spread of chili, shepard's pie, fried chicken, and beer cheese dip (made by yours truly). And the halftime show by The Who was awesome!

Heather making Shepard's Pie!

And the best part of the party? At the very end, when everyone's blackberries went off with the email from GW saying that classes were cancelled for Monday! :)


Everyone starting to arrive, 2 of my awesome roomies on right!

Though by Thursday, I actually wanted to go to classes and work (never thought I would say that!), it was a memorable experience, especially walking around the city and down the middle of the street with no traffic... definitely a once in a blue moon kind of opportunity!


Maura and I hiding from Claire.


Claire and I may or may not have thrown Maura into a snow bank....


Standing ABOVE pillars that usually come up to my hips!


Standing on the frozen Reflecting Pool between the Lincoln and WW2 Memorials...
we "skated" down the entire thing!

~Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment