Monday, December 14, 2009

Preparing to go home...and my homecoming list

We are in the final strech of this amazing adventure.  Tomorrow we head to Auckland from Queenstown and then home in 3 days!

As I look back on this semester I cannot help but think that study abroad should be required for all students!  While I know that is impossible with the economy and other factors, as I have said before, it is an experience that cannot be overlooked.

However, I am super excited to get back to Chicago and then on to DC to finish up my junior year.  I have a planned list of things to do once I get back to GW.  If you are heading there too you should check out at least a few of them...

1) Take a midnight monument tour to the Lincoln, WWII, Washington Monument, and the White House- This is my normal route for a mounment tour at any time of day.  Sometimes I like to switch it up and add the Korean or Vietnam memorials and if I am up to walking a lot more I will go to the Jefferson and FDR memorials.

2) Order a chicken ceasar pita at Pita Pit- This is some of the best food on campus.  Made to order with almost any add-on you can imagine.

3) Read a paper copy of the GW Hatchet- for 5 months I have been trying to keep in touch with happenings at GW by reading the online Hatchet.  I must say it is not the same as holding a newspaper in class.  Plus the crosswords aren't as fun.

4) Spend time on the 4th floor of the Marvin Center- I have missed my student organizations so much since going abroad.  I cannot wait to get caught up with Student Global AIDS Campaign, Voices for Choices, and the Student Association.

5) (last but certainly not least) Visit with friends I have not seen since May!- I have so many stories to tell everyone and I can't wait to get a chai at Starbucks and explain my adventures!

Thanks for reading guys!  Again, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me at kwollner@gwmail.gwu.edu.

Next time I blog I will be in the States!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment