Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Here and There and Back Again

Hello it's me again. I bet you're probably wondering where I've been and why I haven't updated in so long. Am i right? I hope you missed me because I'm backkkk and I'm about to tell you what's been going on.


First of all, my stupid laptop just stopped working all of a sudden. Seriously! Out of nowhere the wireless connection just stopped working and I could not get it to work anywhere. Not the library. Not my room. Not in the classrooms. Nowhere. So I took it to ISS (STS)* and for some mysterious reason it worked in their office every single time. :( After the first time of taking it to get fixed, I went back to my room thinking it would work. Nope. I took it FOUR TIMES and it still didn't work and I was getting pretty frustrated explaining my situation over and over. I think I need a new laptop. :[

In response to Abby's post about study space, I just wanted to make a few comments here in my entry. First, is that unfortunately Gelman library aint big enough for the both of us. Ok, so maybe it IS big enough for both Abby and me, but come the week before finals and actual finals week Gelman Library is PACKED with a capital P! It is sooo packed that people are sometimes sitting in the halls and classrooms. Quiet areas turn into not so quiet areas. People are having group meetings in the hallways because they couldn't book a study room (yeah, you have to make a reservation for them now. You didn't have to do this last year)! More than once have I heard someone complain that it is just not big enough to accommodate all the GW students. I think it definitely needs a renovation. I think they are working on that. Hmm....

My second comment in regard to Abby's post is that I was at Duques the other day trying to study for finals. I walked in and the security officer told me it will be closing in 15 minutes. I looked at my cell phone. It was 5:45. Wait ....What?! What happened to closing at 2am? Nope. Apparently, that didn't apply yet. (I'm guessing it only applies the actual week of finals?? I'll have to update you bloggers on this when I find out). The building closed at six that day and I was extremely disappointed.


In other news, I actually have to log off but I will definitely update you bloggers soon (I promise this time) about how my finals are going.

Classes are over! YAYYYAYAYYAYYA.


ALSO, my 21st birthday is this Sunday (the 13th). I'm superrrr excited. I'll have to tell you guys about it. =)))

As always, if you have any questions about ANYTHING email me at chabow@gwmail.gwu.edu

- Chanelle



*ISS Student Technology Services (STS) is part of ISS Technology Services, a division of Information Systems and Services. STS provides technology support for the GW student community. (It's FREE).

No comments:

Post a Comment