Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fall 2009: Check!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009.  Today will go down in history as the day I finished my first semester at GW!  And what a ride it’s been.  I can’t believe I’m 1/8 done with my college career!  (don’t make fun, that’s a big step in my mind!)  I have mixed feelings about going home, and the pros really don’t outweigh the cons, or vice versa.

Being home for a month with no real obligations is definitely a plus.  Eating my mama’s cooking, getting laundry done FOR ME, being with my family and home friends and my adorable puppy!  His name is Sonny, isn’t he a sweetie? 


With all this though, I’m gonna miss GW, DC, and my amazing college buddies.  It’s so weird that I have two groups of friends that I’m SO close to, but they’re in different spheres, you know?  And there’s little crossover.  Though my goal is for my home friends to meet my school friends and I’ll have one big happy family!  heh.  We’ll see how that goes.  I’ll keep you updated on those developments.

It’s taken me a while to get used to GW/DC life, and now I’m gonna have to become re-accustomed with home life!  Whatta cycle.  It’s gonna be a weird experience.  I’m excited to come home, but next semester is gonna be SO AWESOME!  Ok, now I’m getting ahead of myself.  Guess it’s time to sign off.  More on why Spring 2010 is promising to be an amazing semester will come at a later date.  Now I’m gonna go apply to some junk.  Internships, that is. Oy.

So if you’ve got any questions about GWU, DC, or anything, really—gimme a holler!  You can email me at: shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

Catch ya on the interwebs!  (i swear i mean for my posts to be somewhat cheesey)
<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment