Friday, December 18, 2009

Home Sweet Home

While finals wrap up at GW I headed home from New Zealand for a Chicago Christmas.

As some of you may have heard DC is preparing for a huge snowstorm tonight into tomorrow.  For some reason, there were finals scheduled on Saturday (this is not normal).  I believe these finals have been cancelled due to the predicted storm.  This type of weather does not happen very often.  Never in my two years at GW university workings have only been affected twice by snow.  And even then the university reopened at 10 AM.  This gave the city and the university enough time to put sand, yes sand on the streets and sidewalks.  For all of you from non-snowing places, sand does not do much to snow.  While it helps with traction, it does help melt the ice, like salt.

Update: I am talking to my friend and he said the weather report has been changed from 12 inches to up to 20 inches.

If you are on the East coast please be careful and stay warm!  Whoever asked for a white Christmas is getting their wish.

I will leave you with a few pictures from Queenstown and Auckland New Zealand.

Queenstown, New Zealand (where a lot of the Lord of the Rings were filmed)



Bridge I bungy jumped off of.



Auckland Sky Tower

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment