Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Great News and Goodbye...

I am almost a graduate of The George Washington University.  (I say "almost" because I have one last final to take tomorrow afternoon.)  I can hardly believe it.  It has been an incredible three and a half years.  I am so proud of myself and everything that I have accomplished and I am even more proud to say that I have a degree from such a great school. 


I started blogging my sophomore year, and this too has been a great adventure.  I have loved logging my life and all of the crazy and wonderful things that happen to GW students, and I have really enjoyed hearing from prospective students who have read the blogs. 


I am excited to say that I was offered and accepted my dream job as a Management Trainee with Velocity Sports and Entertainment in Norwalk, Connecticut!  I couldn't be happier, and I definitely feel like it is the perfect culmination to my college career and the perfect start to my "real life."  The job search process was definitely a lesson in patience, persistence and, most of all, confidence.  


I'm heading home to St. Louis on Thursday for the holidays, and then I'm off to start my new job, in a new place, with new people, new challenges and new adventures.  It is so weird to be closing this chapter of my life at GW, but I am so excited about all of the opportunities that are ahead. 


Best of luck to all of the prospective students - keep reading the blogs and reach out to the bloggers if you have any questions!  


-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment