Thursday, December 31, 2009

My New Year's Eve Blog!


Being home is really setting in!


While I have to say I really did miss it here, I'm kind of anxious to get back to GW.  If I could transplant all the people I love from home to DC, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  My home town is too small!  Actually, my county is just too small.  I've done some shopping and errand-running in the past few weeks, and NO MATTER WHERE I WENT, I saw someone I knew.  Whether it was the doctor's office, the old almost-abandoned mall nearby, the newer huger crazy-crowded mall nearby, or even on the Cross-Bronx Expressway on the way to Long Island, I saw SOMEONE I know.  It was ridiculous.  Cause then you have to small talk or acknowledge that you know each other but aren't exactly buddies and catch up--and it can be awkward, ya know?  When I saw my old acquaintance on the Cross-Bronx I Facebooked them.  Ya know, the ole' "Hey, nice seeing you!" wall post.  I think that was an appropriate response, no?

Now, that doesn't happen at GW.  I mean, I'm always seeing people I know around, but there's always new faces to see wherever you go!  Everything is just on a bigger scale, and I absolutely love that.

SOOOOO errybody, it's almost a new decade!  Who's excited?  I know I am!  I can't believe I can say I lived through the first decade of the millennium!  (Well, let's see how tonight goes, don't wanna speak too soon!!)  hahahaaa!!!

To be honest, I'm glad this decade is over.  It was a trying one, to say the least.  We went through the terrible twos and a difficult toddler-dom, and up until about 7-8 years old this decade was pretty rough!  Let's hope it’s better as a pre-teen!

Tonight, I'm going to a party with some friends and hoping to have a grand old time!  I've never cared too much about New Year's extravaganzas, but hey, I'll make the most of this one!  Some of us planned on going to Times Square for the party, but that kinda fell through.  And good riddance, it's wet and FREEZING out there!

And that's it for my New Year's Blog--I gotta go get ready!  So here's a pic from '07 in Times Square!  Seems like so long ago!




Of course, email me for any reason at shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu
~~~ Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment