Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime!

... I'm actually not a huge fan of that song.  A tad too repetitive.

So Christmas with the family was wonderful!  On Christmas Eve, my parents and I had the traditional Italian-American "Feast of the Seven Fishes" (Google it) at my house, which was just lovely, and then on Christmas day, I went to my grandparents' house to see the whole family.  That's always a hilariously sitcom-esque affair.  I swear my mom's side of the family belongs on one of those colorful dysfunctional family shows.  We're a bit ridiculous together.

Also, as it turns out, I can no longer take that art history class that I was so excited about!  It conflicts with the time slot I was given for my internship, and I had to prioritize.  Instead, I'm taking a class called Faulkner & Morrison.  I absolutely LOVE Toni Morrison (actually, I met her and asked a very intelligent question in a discussion series one time) so I'm SUPER EXCITED!!!!!

Now for the one annoying aspect of a new course load:  NEW TEXTBOOKS.  Ugh.  They're super pricey and there's just so many to get--it adds up.  I'd suggest Amazon, that's where I get all mine, but you can also get used books from the GW bookstore at discounted prices.  And the perk is that if you use them gently you can sell them back once you're done.

(Added Later:)  ANOTHER THING:  If you order books online over Winter break, GET THEM SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR SCHOOL ADDRESS!  I accidentally sent them home, and now I have to carry this HUGE load back with me--and I was already pressed for space in my luggage!  So keep my unfortunate case in mind!

I know I haven't been gone too long, but being home is such a throwback.  So much so, in fact, that my friends and I went to see The Princess and the Frog last night--yeah, the new Disney movie.  IT WAS SO GOOD!  Just like the good ole' Disney classics of our childhood.  Complete with musical numbers, trippy seemingly acid-induced scenes, scary bad guys, and jokes that go over the heads of the little ones but keep the parents (and college kids, alike) interested.  I'd recommend it to anyone!

Here's the trailer:

Enticing, no?

As per usual, you can email me at shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu--hit me up with any questions you could ever possibly come up with!  GW, Disney, or otherwise!!!  (I'm incredibly knowledgeable on both of those topics!)

~~~ Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment