Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Reunion

So this weekend was great. So great in fact that I cannot seem to find the motivation to do any work this week.

Well, what was I doing? I met up with a group of my friends from my abroad program in Sevilla, Spain. It was so great to see all my friends and catch up with everyone. My friend and I borrowed my roommates car and drove 5 hours to Penn State University (She and I both go to GW and were in the same program). We met up with four of our friends who attend PSU, along with two of our friends from Indiana, and two friends from New York City. The group of us had a nice dinner and hung out for the weekend, reminiscing about our amazing experiences in Sevilla.

After the long drive home, I looked through some of my pictures and got to thinking: how can I get back to Spain?  As a senior with no real plan, I'm seriously considering teaching English abroad for a year or two. There are so many options out there though, how can I narrow it down? After a few Google searches, I realized that I would need some more help. So, I decided to email the Career Center.  They have a specific position devoted to work abroad. I emailed him and set up an appointment to discuss options for Spain and a few other countries. I have yet to meet with him but I am sure the appointment will be very helpful, and while I'm there I plan on bringing my resume by for a little help too. There are a lot of programs and jobs and things that I'm interested in applying to and it's always important to have an up to date resume.

It's so nice to have a place on campus to help out with such a big decision. I may not know exactly what I want to do next year, but it's nice to know that there's a place that can help me with whatever I decide.

--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment