Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Procrastination at its Finest

So, to prevent working on my take home exam for my policy analysis class, and before I watch How I Met Your Mother (you should watch it if you don't already...) I have decided to share with you the wealth of GW twitter. 

As most of you know or use, twitter is a viral service that basically takes the Facebook status and creates a social networking site for each user.  I started my twitter account less than a year ago after doing a lot of research on social media for my internship last Spring.  Since then I have found friends, celebrities, and yes GW using the new service.  Right now, I follow 12 twitter accounts associated with GW: @GWWomensRugby, @Sustain_GW, @gwhatchet, @OurGWSA (the GW Student Association [student government]), @watchgw, @GW_cig (a new student organization of campus called Colonial Impact Group), @GWtweets, @ColonialCal (a comprehensive calendar of submitted student organization events), @GWGeorge (the spirt programs), @GWToday (a university released publication), @GWPB (program board, the main programming council on campus), and finally @GWFreeFinder.  All of these help me stay informed about the happenings on campus even across the world.

I would suggest that if you have a twitter, or are thinking about starting one, search for GW and see what you find.  You might find an organization that you are interested in investigating, or an intersting facts about the cheer team.  Who knows, maybe in a few weeks you will see a GW Admissions twitter.  (I will keep you posted on that one.)

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment