Thursday, November 19, 2009

Prime Protocol

On Tuesday night, Morton's The Steakhouse hosted a business etiquette dinner for selected GW seniors.  I was honored to be part of the group of nine students that were chosen to participate in this program.  We spent the evening at Morton's enjoying excellent food and service and learning a great deal about dining etiquette. Our Morton's hosts were extremely generous and made us feel very welcome. Morton's etiquette program, entitled "Prime Protocol," was recently restarted, and the dinner for GW was only the second one that they have hosted.  The plan to do a similar program for USC students in California, and perhaps a dinner for Georgetown students sometime next semester.

We learned a lot of useful tips, tools and rules for business dining.  Did you know that it is acceptable to eat asparagus with your fingers unless it is being served with a sauce on it? Before Tuesday, I would have cut my asaparagus, but from now on I'll be eating my spears as a finger food! 

It was such a privilege to attend this event, and I am sure that the etiquette tools that I learned will be put to good use in the future!

GW seniors with our Morton's hosts
-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment