Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Just Another Saturday Nite

Every so often, I have a moment where all I can say is "Oh G-Dub".
This past Saturday was one of those. As I was working on my thesis
last Sat. nite (which was due on Tuesday! All done- yay!) I took a five minute break.... that stretched into thirty... checking out facebook.
Bad plan, I know. As I was perusing the stalkerish news feed,
I noticed that almost all of my GW friends' statuses were some
variation of "Christie is watching CSPAN"... So of course I check it out and
discover that the Health Care Reform Bill debate was going on and that they were expecting to vote sometime that night. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the night watching CSPAN and semi-working on my thesis.. which explains why I was awake most of Monday night/Tuesday morning finishing it up... but that's another story :)


Only at GW would so many students willingly stay in on a Saturday night to watch CSPAN to watch the House of Reps debate then vote on a bill. Students here are definitely politically-aware, and with good reason. Our location in DC makes G-Dub a magnet for political speakers; for example, just today H Street right in the middle of campus was shut down by Secret Service because Michelle Obama and Jill biden were speaking in Lisner Auditorium in honor of Veteran's Day.

Like I said, all I can say is, Welcome to DC!

Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment