Monday, November 23, 2009

Choosing a Major

I have been recieving a few emails from readers about the Political Science major and program.  I love my program because of all of the opportunities I have been exposed to by internships, events, classes, and everything.

However, I did not apply as a Political Science major.  I applied to GW as a Communications major and decided to declare Political Science instead.  A lot of you are worried about being dedicated to one major from the start of day 1.  You d have an opportunity to change your major and even your school if you need to.

No one officially has to declare their major before their sophomore year.  Up until that point you can explore different departments in your school or transfer to another school if you are leaning in another direction.  While you have these opportunities, I would not take them lightly.  Changing schools can be a hassle and can add an extra year of college if you do it too late.  Just be smart about these types of things, but know that you have room to move.


I am currently back in Airlie Beach and will soon be on to Rainbow Beach.  We are about half way done with our backpacking trip on the East Coast.  I will post pictures as soon as I have access to a computer with a card reader.

Happy Thanksgiving!  Eat extra turkey for me!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment