Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Weekend!

Hello everyone!

I've been totally MIA lately and I apologize. October has been verrrryyyy busy for me with midterms, soccer, and the like. Let me recap my weekend for you a bit.

It, of course, was Halloween weekend and like most college students, I had a great weekend. Our weekend began early on Thursday night with a little get together at my apartment. We finally had a housewarming party--4 months later! Better late than never I suppose. Friday night I had a soccer filled evening. My intramural co-ed soccer team, Sporting Von Wolfhausen, played in the two post-season games, and won them both! We then went on to play on Sunday night and won in a real nail bitter! We have made it to the finals a few times and have never won so it was so amazing to win for our senior year! Here's a nice little picture of us in our champions shirt!!

On Saturday, I ran some errands in the morning, including visiting Comcast to return some equipment (oh, the responsibilities of living off campus) and Martin Luther King, Jr. Branch of the DC Public Library for some research for a paper (oh, the perils of writing a 25 page paper). For Saturday night, my friend and I dressed up as Army girls and a bunch of us went to a few of our friend's places. We had a pretty early night but it is always fun on Halloween to see some of the crazy costumes. I think my favorite was my friend who dressed as his Facebook page! He had a marker and a wall you could write on and everything. My other friend dressed up as Medusa. She wore a green, flowly dress and even tied rubber snakes into her hair. She wore green tights and painted her nails bright green too.

On Sunday I relaxed in the morning, played in our championship game, and then did a lot of work in the wonderful Gelman Library. Luckily, our library is open 24 hours. I went up to the 6th floor, got into one of those wonderfully comfortable red chairs and sat down to write for a few hours. I got all my work done--for Monday anyway!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween! Stay tuned for more on being a Senior at GW!

--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment