Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tattoos!

Not on me... hahaha.  I bet you got excited for a second though, right?

As I mentioned in my last post, Thursday was my roommate's 21st birthday.  Needless to say, it was a party-hearty night.  As was Friday.  And when it's your 21st, the party lasts all weekend. So today, a group of us accompanied her to Georgetown to get a tattoo!

She already has one, but she'd been thinking for a long time she wanted a second, and she had the image planned out for a while.

The design looked a little something like this (can't take a pic cause she's still bandaged up):


et ignotas animum
  dimittit in artes

Which means (roughly) "and he set himself to the study of unknown arts."  It's an excerpt from Ovid's Metamorphosis which was used as the opening line in James Joyce's Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.  I haven't read either... whoops.  But my roomie is really cool, so... yeah.  Interesting quotation though, right?

She got it on her rib which is apparently one of the worst places to get one since it's RIGHT on the bone.  Ouchhhhhhh.  Probably never getting one, though I kind of want to.  I think I'm just 1) too indecisive, and 2) too squeamish about needles.  I passed out while getting some shots at the pediatrician's office when I was younger.  Not good stuff.

But it was still fun!  Jinx Proof in Georgetown is where most GW people seem to go to get their tattoos, it seems.  They're well thought-of and clean, though kinda pricey!

So yeah, while it's not that cool for *me* I still feel like some residual cool factor rubbed off on me for spending an afternoon in a tattoo parlor.  If not, don't burst my bubble, aiight?

Hit up shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu with questions or whatever!

~~~Shireen


No comments:

Post a Comment