Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Swanky Luncheon

Today, my friend (and fellow VFC eboard member) and I went to an awards luncheon at The Capital Hilton.  The event was for Planned Parenthood of Metro-Washington, which we are always in contact with for our Voices for Choices goings-on.  So it was fun to see all the people we represent.

It was so high-class!  The butter they served with their rolls was in the shape of the Capitol building--it was so crazy.  And the meal itself was very good too.  They definitely shelled out some big bucks for this one, and I'm all right with that!  It was a splendid affair to honor the awardees: DCAF (The DC Abortion Fund, Fredda S. Sparks, and Ellen Malcolm.  Lizz Winstead, a former Daily Show writer, was the keynote speaker.  AND SHE WAS SO FUNNY!  Definitely check out her link and see if you can go to a show or at least watch a video of hers.  If you're a hippie liberal like myself, you'll love her bit.

Souvenir chocolate in the shape of a birth control pill pack--HILARIOUS.
We're thinking of selling these and similarly hilariously-shaped chocolate goods for a fundraiser--what are your thoughts on that?  I know I'd pay for one of those, I think it's just so funny and crafty.

Let me know your thoughts on that, and ask any questions you desire!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment